Just a quick update on the new app :)
TWS v2 is coming along quite well, it just takes time to finish everything. The regular stuff like searching, viewing posts and downloading posts work but I haven’t had time to do a lot more like voting/commenting and things.
There are some changes from the old app (not listing all):
- The minimum Android version increases from Android 4.4 to Android 5.0 (from API 19 to 21).
- The Next and Previous buttons have been removed. Instead it is possible to swipe/drag between pages and posts (full-screen too), like in a gallery app. As a result of this, I also added infinite scrolling and the app preloads the previous and next three posts/pages.
- Starting with the next Android release (Android Q) every app on all Android versions will be required to use specified directories to save files to. As a result it will not be possible to be able to select where you want the posts saved to. Read more here.
- Posts will continue to be cached for faster loading but will use the app’s private directory instead (Internal storage/Android/data/APP_NAME/files/cache/). Uninstalling the app clears the cache.
- Tags, artists, sources, parent and child posts are clickable.
- While waiting for a full post to load, the app shows the post’s thumbnail (in low or medium quality, depending on the settings).
- Entire pages and comics (pools) can be downloaded more easily.
- Downloaded posts will be saved with the correct date (by download time) instead of when the post was created on e621.
- And it’s also a lot better and nicer looking ;3
More to come :)
Feel free to drop suggestions or feedback in the comments!